Happy New Year! Here is a list of useful new year vocabulary words and new year wishes with pictures. The new year is a grand celebration all over the world.
Happy New Year Vocabulary
New Year’s resolution
Hang Wish Notes
Origin of New Year
For thousands of years, celebrations have been held to signify the beginning of a new year. These ceremonies included the burning of a new fire or an ancient form of effigy. Most often, these beliefs have special significance to one religion or cultural group within society. Celebrations are also held for other reasons that include historical anniversaries, traditional customs, and educational purposes among others such as The Japanese new year is marked by various cultural festivities throughout the country and awaits in January or February.
However, these were sometimes just an opportunity for people to enjoy food, drinks, and some fun, but the festivities were also related to the land or astronomical events in some locations. For example, the beginning of the year in Egypt usually coincided with the flood of the Nile, and this usually happened when the star Sirius raises. The spring equinox was the beginning of the new year for the Persians and Phoenicians too.
On the last day of December and the first day of January, the festivities of new years’ eve must begin. There is a very long list of activities that must be done especially the fireworks. On the other hand, there are more domestic activities like trying out new dishes, board games and making new year’s resolutions. Some other people prefer outdoor activities like dancing in streets or squares, singing with a group on a stage or just wandering while you are singing.
New Year Wishes
- Happy New Year! May 2022 be full of adventures and opportunities.
- Happy new year! 2022 is the beginning of a new chapter. This is your year. Make it happen.
- May the New Year bring you happiness and peace. Wishing you a happy 2022!
- Happy New Year! Hope all your dreams come true in 2022.
- Give wings to your dreams and let them come true in the coming year.
- Happy New Year! Best wishes for peace and prosperity in the coming year.
- Wishing you health, wealth, and happiness in the New Year.
Moreover, in Chinese culture what they say is equivalent to good luck. Also, the Chinese celebrate new years’ eve twice once according to the Western Christian calendar, and another time when the time comes for the Chinese new year according to the Chinese calendar.