It is a fact that English is a language everyone should learn, not only for the sake of employment but also for personal and professional growth. It helps people make their way in any field of life and improves their overall capabilities. Learning English does not mean you have to move to the United States or go to any other country where English is the first language.
Best Ways to Learn English
1. Read everything you can see in English
The internet and free magazines are full of things that can be read in English. So the best option would be to go online at least once a day and take advantage of those interesting articles you will find there about different topics like politics, economy, sciences or habits, etc.
2. Take notes of new English vocabulary and idioms
- One of the greatest mistakes when starting to learn English on your own is to read and take notes verbally but not in writing. If everything is new, then you must have a lot of vocabulary and grammar to learn. Learning new vocabulary will help us in our everyday life whether we are reading newspapers or watching TV programs as well as listening. You don’t need any special tools or software for exercising your brain, but you can use the right method to make it fast and efficient so that it doesn’t become sluggish after some time.
- The idioms are the most important thing for people who learn English if they want to speak it fluently. There are a lot of idioms in daily conversation and when you study them, you’ll make your sentences more colorful. You can’t memorize idioms but only by hearing them or seeing that is much easier to remember than any other word because visually we have a better memory than audio which makes us forget things easily like often do with some words.
3. Talk with real native English speakers
Talking is always a great way to practice speaking. In order for you not to be embarrassed, make sure that your English friends are native speakers of the language.
4. Have specific learning targets daily
If you have some goals in mind, such as going on an English journey soon or memorizing a few new words put a specific time frame and hours in your calendar.
5. Use an English learning app
An effective way to break the task of learning up into smaller bites is using such apps as Spanglish or Wordlingo that help you practice with authentic language and with a voice as input. Another great idea is to speak with other English learners on Facebook or Twitter! There are about a hundred of them.
6. Ask a lot of questions about what you are learning in English
If you are not sure about something, the only way out is to ask! This will help you learn this new language which means that there will be fewer surprises for yourself and for him. An easy trick is to use (Make a mission of asking at least 5 questions every day in English with his friend or family member.)
4. Subscribe to English podcasts, Youtube channels, and social media
A great way to get used to the sound and rhythm of speaking English can be listening. If you are not satisfied with your self-made strategy, better go on a regular schedule paying attention to your favorite Youtube channels or downloading free lessons from such websites as Babson College videos Online.
9. (Don’t waste your time) Start with what you really need to learn in English
Don’t overdo the study of grammar and vocabulary in your first stages. Still, it can be more important to know how to use some basic phrases correctly and listen enjoyably, than not knowing any grammatical elements. Use this same logic if you want to learn fast a new language: focus on the speed that is immediate communication.
10. Enroll in an online English course
An online “course” may be a better means to get more fluency than simply dedicating your time learning mainly by reading. Finding good content is in general very hard, since many of the works offered do not have enough value for learners and because they are only available as audio lessons.
In general, the quality of English courses on many websites can be very “low”; this is because they are mostly based on selling some materials (not only to interested students but also as a way to develop their own business).
11. English Class
Some English learners can find themselves stuck in a “poor” language course, which may not be very helpful. If you are convinced that your goal of becoming fluent right now needs urgent support and commitment, choose to go for an intensive English classroom course where the tutor is mainly focused on helping you at all times. A teacher or a tutor’s time is precious and valuable so you have to be very proactive in your search for the right school.
12. Immerse yourself in the English language
Do not let yourself be put off by the difficulty of some sentences or expressions. Try to devote as much time each day for studying and learning as possible, using whoever tools are at your disposal (books with words included into context such as “All About Me”; audio material; online course.
13. English TV shows
It is a great way to improve your English and enjoy tv shows. Every tv show has some words that can be difficult to understand, they may also not have any context so it will be better if you listen properly in order to immerse yourself into the tv shows.
How can I become fluent in English fast?
The answer: by learning the basic grammatical structure of English. Learning which words to use and when etc is not enough. Reading will never make you perfect fluently in a language it just helps you understand grammar better. So if I want to learn fast I must imitate people by watching what they write and reading their books.
Where can I find a bunch of English language and grammar resources?
The answer: go to the public library. Always, always, always ask your friends or family members for some recommendations on what they would recommend you try out when it comes to books and such on learning English. It isn’t easy to find the right resources for you so I recommend asking your friends and family for recommendations, especially if they have a language background like teaching English as their job or something of that sort.
What is the best method to learn English?
The answer: The method above doesn’t contain 10 steps but I guarantee will definitely help a lot. Even if you get 100% from that method, it is still not enough to become fluent in English in the shortest amount of time because there are different types of damage each one causes to our brain when learning a language.
How do some people learn English so fast?
The answer: by being big on memorization. You may seem surprised, but knowing thousands of vocabulary words and grammar rules doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll become fluent in a couple of weeks.
How difficult is it to learn English grammar?
The answer: I think being able to memorize grammar rules is a problem for most people. The reason is that it’s close to impossible and sets up unrealistic goals adapted from what you see in English books, manuals, or courses. You’re supposed to make full sentences in one try.
In conclusion, I can say that the method above is a good starting point to start learning English. It’s not easy but I guarantee will help you a lot if you follow it and use it for as long as you need to become fluent in English.