Did you know that one of the most successful people in the world, Sir Tim Berners-Lee is a fan of language learning? With almost all of his non-profit focused on creating an inclusive and interoperable internet, he has made it his mission to make everyone’s voices heard. He says, “We should find ways to empower people who are not fluent with computers to express themselves through them.”
Quotes About Language Learning
There are many quotes about English language. However, these are not just random words but real thoughts that I have shared with you in the past. You can use these for inspiration or get yourself motivated while learning a new language.
1- “Learning another language is not only learning different words for the same things but learning another way to think about things.” – Flora Lewis
2- “Being able to communicate with another person, built on mutual respect and common understandings is a great human experience.” – Sir Tim Berners-Lee
3- “A man must learn to know and respect himself if he is ever going to be able to find out what makes another person stronger, wiser or happier than oneself.” – Frank Smith
4- “you are more interesting than you think that is the only reason I am here.” Idk how right or wrong she is but it made me laugh. – Rita Mae Brown
5- “Learning to speak another language better gives one the ability to understand and appreciate other cultures, leading many people who learn so others can be better heard.” – Sir Rick Case
6- “Language is the basis of our culture, and if we don’t learn another language, then people will lose a lot.” – Mr. Jayesh Ranade
7- “I highly recommend everyone to speak two languages as your first priority because it raises up your creative brain and helps hone your critical thinking every time you speak.” – Anna Wintour
8- “When I started learning French, language was everything. Nowadays, they’re just words to me.” – David Letterman
9- “Learning another language not only brings huge benefits in a short period of time, but it also encourages you to think differently and really expand your knowledge”. – Rajesh Bhansali
10- “The most important thing in learning a new language is self-exploration; It’s like trying on different shoes, taking off layers of clothes (when you need to) so you can get out of the way and become less”. – Aditya Pandit
11- “It may seem like gibberish, but sometimes imitating a language is one of the most powerful ways for people to learn it quickly” – Sam Harper
12- “When you learn a language, there’s not one small skill that makes up for all of it – the whole thing is cumulative. It takes time to really master anything.” – Ewan Buchanan
13- “It is not language that makes the man, but rather the habit of mind which accompanies it.” – Leopold von Sacher-Masoch
14- “What then should one decide in order to learn a foreign language?” Ogden Lockhart went on to answer: “In order to do so successfully, one should have when speaking it a hundred-fold knowledge of the languages that he does not possess.” – Georgio Tagliarino
15- “Learning a new language is like growing old; only the last death is final.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
16- “Price before me and many will pay the price after me.” “Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” “Money won’t create success, the freedom to make it will.” – Nelson Mandela.
17-“The world is formed by movies. that you should speak what comes into your head. why wait for an erudite lesson when it will not be recorded, forgotten, or eloquently examined?”
18- “The language was never meant to be taught.” – brain post- Federico Fellini.
The best time to introduce a quote is when you need more support for one of your points. 1
See more quotes about learning languages.
16 Inspirational Quotes about language learning / Quotes on English language learning| Text appeal
English language is easy and there are countless quotes about that, for example:
1. “The difference between grammar and style is that one is science, the other art.”
2. “Language evolves in order to survive.”
3. “The medium is the message.”
4. “If you don’t speak your language, you’re just speaking someone else’s.”
5. “I’m not saying it’s wrong, but I’m saying it doesn’t make sense to say ‘I like this word.'”
6. “A writer who uses only words up to a certain point will never get very far; he’ll be like a man standing on the shore of an ocean with his eyes fixed on the horizon and refusing to wade in because he knows that beyond that point lies total darkness.”
7. “If we always did what we were told, we would always do what was expected of us.”
8. “It’s important to remember that language can be used for good or evil – so choose carefully which messages you want your audience to hear.”
9. “Speaking only the languages we already speak systematically limits our field of vision and perception.”
10. “Language is a skin, and words are like paint: They flow out across it without changing its dimensions…”
11. “A child can learn any language – once he knows 1,000 words.”
12. “Everyone chooses the language they speak because it means something to them.”
13. “Language is context-sensitive – you have to choose a word that’s right for the situation at hand..”
14. “If people say, ‘I can’t do this,’ I tell them they can do it, but their answer better be ‘because my life depends on it.”
15. “Language is a metaphor for thought.”
16. “You’ve got to get over the idea of feeling ashamed and start getting into that exciting quiet space”.
Finally, Many learners have been asking me for language learning quotes, so here they are! These language learning quotes can help when you’re in a language learning slump or simply looking to motivate yourself further. I hope these inspirational awesome words about language learners can give you some reading material and keep your motivation going strong throughout the year!
Best English subject quotes / English quotes for English subject
There are many motivations to learn English. English subject quotes can be inspiring and thought-provoking. Some of the most famous quotes include “To be or not to be, that is the question” from Shakespeare’s Hamlet, “The best way to predict the future is to invent it” by Alan Kay, and “Language is the roadmap of a culture. It tells you where its people come from and where they are going” by Rita Mae Brown.
These quotes highlight the beauty and importance of the English language, and how it can shape our understanding of the world around us. Whether you’re a student of English or simply someone who appreciates the power of language, these quotes can inspire you to explore the depths of the English language and its impact on our lives.
Importance of quotes on language
Quotes play a significant role in language as they provide insight into the thoughts and beliefs of individuals who have had a significant impact on society. They can be used to inspire, motivate, and educate people about various topics. Quotes are also essential in literature, as they can add depth and meaning to a particular piece of writing.
Additionally, quotes can be used to highlight the importance of a particular message or to provide evidence to support an argument. Overall, quotes are vital in language as they provide a way for individuals to express their ideas and beliefs in a concise and impactful manner.
One of the main benefits of quoting is the opportunity to analyze and discuss the topic in-depth. 2
Top 5 learning new language quotes
Learning a new language can be challenging, but also incredibly rewarding. Here are five quotes that highlight the importance and benefits of learning a new language:
1. “The limits of my language mean the limits of my world.” – Ludwig Wittgenstein
2. “To have another language is to possess a second soul.” – Charlemagne
3. “Learning a language is not only learning different words for the same things, but learning another way to think about things.” – Flora Lewis
4. “One language sets you in a corridor for life. Two languages open every door along the way.” – Frank Smith
5. “Language is the road map of a culture. It tells you where its people come from and where they are going.” – Rita Mae Brown
These quotes emphasize that learning a new language not only expands your vocabulary, but also broadens your perspective and understanding of different cultures. It can also open up new opportunities and experiences in both personal and professional settings.
English is just a language not a knowledge quotes
The statement that “English is just a language not a knowledge” is not entirely accurate. While it is true that English is simply a means of communication, it is also a tool for acquiring knowledge. English is the language of academia, business, and technology, and proficiency in the language is essential for success in these fields.
Moreover, the study of English literature, for example, provides insights into the human experience and the complexities of the world we live in. While it is certainly possible to gain knowledge without knowing English, it is also true that English opens up many opportunities for learning and growth. Therefore, it is important to recognize the value of English as both a language and a source of knowledge.
Learning a language quotes
There are many inspiring learning language quotes. Nelson Mandela once said, “If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.” This quote emphasizes the importance of understanding and connecting with people through their language.
Another famous quote is from Ludwig Wittgenstein, who said, “The limits of my language mean the limits of my world.” This quote highlights the idea that language shapes our perception and understanding of the world around us. Learning a new language can broaden our horizons and open up new opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Significance of language learning quotes
Language learning quotes are significant because they provide motivation and inspiration for individuals who are learning a new language. These quotes serve as reminders of the benefits and importance of language learning, encouraging learners to stay committed and persevere through the challenges.
Language learning quotes also highlight the beauty and diversity of languages, fostering a sense of appreciation and curiosity towards different cultures and ways of communication. Furthermore, these quotes can serve as a source of guidance, offering valuable insights and advice from experienced language learners or polyglots.
Overall, language learning quotes play a significant role in keeping learners motivated, inspired, and focused on their language learning journey.
Good quotes help to tell a story and enhance the credibility of a press release, news story or speech. 3
Best three quotes about learning language
- “To have another language is to possess a second soul.” – Charlemagne
- “One language sets you in a corridor for life. Two languages open every door along the way.” – Frank Smith
- “The limits of my language are the limits of my world.” – Ludwig Wittgenstein
Quotes about English language examples
There are many quotes about English language usage that highlight its complexity and importance. One famous quote by George Orwell states, “If it is possible to cut a word out, always cut it out.” This quote emphasizes the importance of concise and clear language in effective communication.
Another quote by Mark Twain humorously highlights the challenges of English, stating, “The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.” This quote emphasizes the precision and impact of choosing the right words in English.
These quotes and many others reflect the significance of the English language and the importance of using it effectively.
Quotes about importance of English language
- “The English language is the most powerful language in the world.” – Nelson Mandela
- “English is not a language, it’s a way of life.” – Unknown
- “The English language is like a river, constantly evolving and adapting.” – Stephen Fry
- “English is the language of opportunity. It opens doors and creates possibilities.” – Unknown
What is importance of English language quotes?
- Quotes about the English language can inspire and motivate language learners.
- They can provide insights into the history and evolution of the English language.
- Quotes can highlight the importance of effective communication and language skills.
- They can serve as a reminder of the cultural significance and global reach of the English language.
Quotes on importance of English language
- “English is the language that helps us communicate with the world and opens doors to countless opportunities.” – Unknown
- “English is not just a language, it is a passport to success.” – Unknown
- “English is the key that unlocks the door to global understanding and collaboration.” – Unknown
- “Learning English is essential for personal and professional growth in today’s interconnected world.” – Unknown
FAQs about quotes about language learning:
1. Why language learning is important?
- Firstly, it allows us to communicate with people from different cultures and backgrounds, which can lead to increased understanding and empathy.
- Secondly, learning a new language can improve cognitive function, memory, and problem-solving skills. It has also been shown to delay the onset of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Thirdly, being bilingual or multilingual can open up many career opportunities and increase earning potential. Fourthly, language learning can be a rewarding and enjoyable experience, providing a sense of accomplishment and personal growth.
2. What is a famous quote about learning?
3. What is a quote about language is powerful?
4. What is a quote about bilingual language learning?
5. What is the proverb for learning a language?
There are several proverbs related to learning a language, but one of the most common is “Practice makes perfect.” This proverb emphasizes the importance of consistent effort and repetition in mastering a skill, including language learning.
Another related proverb is “Use it or lose it,” which highlights the importance of regularly practicing and using the language in order to maintain and improve proficiency.
Other proverbs related to language learning include “Better late than never,” emphasizing that it’s never too late to start learning a language, and “You can’t teach an old dog new tricks,” cautioning against the belief that learning a language becomes more difficult as you age.
6. What quotes about learning a foreign language?
One famous quote about learning a foreign language is from Nelson Mandela, who said, “If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.”
This quote speaks to the power of language to connect people and build relationships, and highlights the importance of learning and speaking multiple languages in our increasingly globalized world.
7. What is a quote about language learning?
8. What is a good quote about linguistics?
9. What is the quote about language and power?
10. Why learning a language is important?
Finally, it will also help you connect with new friends or learn about different parts of the world that may interest you.
11. What are some of the most common mistakes people make when learning a new language?
Some of the most common mistakes people make when learning a new language are:
- They try to learn too much at once and overwhelm themselves.
- They don’t use enough repetition and practice to build up their memory for the new language.
- They stop learning after they have reached a certain level of proficiency, even though they may not be satisfied with that level of proficiency yet. See also language proficiency levels.
12. What is a proverb?
“Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.” -Chinese Proverb
Language learning is a process for any learner. Mastering languages is not easy and you will face frustrating moments in the beginning but with time language learning becomes easier and more fulfilling.
There are many quotes that motivate us to learn new languages both proverbs wisely said by masters of their craft as well as motivational sayings from great people who have made a difference in this world through their works. You can also read about slang words.
13. What is the meaning of “The man with one red shoe”?
The man with one red shoe is a story that serves as a warning for people who try to learn a foreign language too quickly without proper instruction.
This results in the person having only a partial understanding of what has been learned, and not being able to carry on conversations with others. When making mistakes, one should know how to work around them, rather than ignore the mistakes.
14. What are some English learning quotes?
- “The limits of my language are the limits of my world.” – Ludwig Wittgenstein
- “Language is the road map of a culture. It tells you where its people come from and where they are going.” – Rita Mae Brown
- “To have another language is to possess a second soul.” – Charlemagne
- “Language is the blood of the soul into which thoughts run and out of which they grow.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr
15. What are top quotes on language and meaning?
- “The limits of my language mean the limits of my world.”- Ludwig Wittgenstein
- “Language is the source of misunderstandings.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- “Language is the means of getting an idea from my brain into yours without surgery.” – Mark Amidon
- “Language is the dress of thought.” – Samuel Johnson
16. What is the importance of language quotes?
Language quotes are important because they have the power to inspire, motivate, and educate us about the significance of language in our lives. Here are a few reasons why language quotes are important:
1. Appreciating the beauty of language: Language quotes often highlight the beauty and richness of different languages. They remind us of the power of words and the impact they can have on our emotions and thoughts.
2. Encouraging effective communication: Language quotes can serve as a reminder of the importance of effective communication. They can inspire us to improve our language skills and strive for clarity and coherence in our interactions with others.
3. Promoting cultural understanding: Language quotes often reflect the diversity of languages and cultures around the world. They can help us appreciate and understand different cultures, traditions, and perspectives, fostering empathy and promoting global understanding.
4. Motivating language learners: Language quotes can be a source of motivation for language learners. They remind us that learning a new language is not just about acquiring vocabulary and grammar rules, but also about immersing ourselves in a new culture and expanding our horizons.
5. Inspiring creativity and expression: Language quotes can inspire us to be more creative and expressive in our use of language. They can encourage us to explore new ways of expressing ourselves, whether through writing, speaking, or other forms of communication.
In conclusion, language learning is an essential skill that opens doors to new cultures, experiences, and opportunities. These quotes about language learning serve as a reminder of the importance of learning a new language, and how it can enrich our lives both personally and professionally.
Whether it’s for travel, career advancement, or simply for the love of learning, language learning is a worthwhile endeavor that can bring immense benefits to our lives. As Nelson Mandela once said, “If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.”
- Write, W. (2020). 7 Reasons Why You Need Quotations When You Write A Speech. Writers Write.
- Contributor, P. (2021, August 29). 10 Strong Reasons for Using Quotes in an Article. PESTLE Analysis.
- Staff, C. P., & Staff, C. P. (2018). The Importance of Quotes. Communiqué PR.