Did you know that one of the most successful people in the world, Sir Tim Berners-Lee is a fan of language learning? With almost all of his non-profit focused on creating an inclusive and interoperable internet, he has made it his mission to make everyone’s voices heard. He says, “We should find ways to empower people who are not fluent with computers to express themselves through them.”
Quotes About Language Learning
These are not just random words but real thoughts that I have shared with you in the past. You can use these for inspiration or get yourself motivated while learning a new language.
1- “Learning another language is not only learning different words for the same things but learning another way to think about things.” – Flora Lewis.
2- “Being able to communicate with another person, built on mutual respect and common understandings is a great human experience.” – Sir Tim Berners-Lee
3- “A man must learn to know and respect himself if he is ever going to be able to find out what makes another person stronger, wiser or happier than oneself.” – Frank Smith.
4- “you are more interesting than you think that is the only reason I am here.” Idk how right or wrong she is but it made me laugh. – Rita Mae Brown.
5- “Learning to speak another language better gives one the ability to understand and appreciate other cultures, leading many people who learn so others can be better heard.” – Sir Rick Case.
6- “Language is the basis of our culture, and if we don’t learn another language, then people will lose a lot.” – Mr. Jayesh Ranade.
7- “I highly recommend everyone to speak two languages as your first priority because it raises up your creative
brain and helps hone your critical thinking every time you speak.” – Anna Wintour.
8- “When I started learning French, language was everything. Nowadays, they’re just words to me.” – David Letterman.
9- “Learning another language not only brings huge benefits in a short period of time, but it also encourages you to think differently and really expand your knowledge”. – Rajesh Bhansali.
10- “The most important thing in learning a new language is self-exploration; It’s like trying on different shoes, taking off layers of clothes (when you need to) so you can get out of the way and become less”. – Aditya Pandit.
11- “It may seem like gibberish, but sometimes imitating a language is one of the most powerful ways for people to learn it quickly” – Sam Harper.
12- “When you learn a language, there’s not one small skill that makes up for all of it – the whole thing is cumulative. It takes time to really master anything.” – Ewan Buchanan.
13- “It is not language that makes the man, but rather the habit of mind which accompanies it.” – Leopold von Sacher-Masoch.
14- “What then should one decide in order to learn a foreign language?” Ogden Lockhart went on to answer: “In order to do so successfully, one should have when speaking it a hundred-fold knowledge of the languages that he does not possess.” – Georgio Tagliarino.
15- “learning a new language is like growing old; only the last death is final.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(this one hurt me when I read it).
16- “price before me and many will pay the price after me.” “Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” “Money won’t create success, the freedom to make it will.” – Nelson Mandela.
17-“The world is formed by movies. that you should speak what comes into your head. why wait for an erudite lesson when it will not be recorded, forgotten, or eloquently examined? The language was never meant to be taught.” – brain post-Federico Fellini. See more quotes about learning languages.
16 Inspirational Quotes about language learning| Text appeal
1. “The difference between grammar and style is that one is science, the other art.”
2. “Language evolves in order to survive.”
3. “The medium is the message.”
4. “If you don’t speak your language, you’re just speaking someone else’s.”
5. “I’m not saying it’s wrong, but I’m saying it doesn’t make sense to say ‘I like this word.'”
6. “A writer who uses only words up to a certain point will never get very far; he’ll be like a man standing on the shore of an ocean with his eyes fixed on the horizon and refusing to wade in because he knows that beyond that point lies total darkness.”
7. “If we always did what we were told, we would always do what was expected of us.”
8. “It’s important to remember that language can be used for good or evil – so choose carefully which messages you want your audience to hear.”
9. “Speaking only the languages we already speak systematically limits our field of vision and perception.”
10. “Language is a skin, and words are like paint: They flow out across it without changing its dimensions…”
11. “A child can learn any language – once he knows 1,000 words.”
12. “Everyone chooses the language they speak because it means something to them.”
13. “Language is context-sensitive – you have to choose a word that’s right for the situation at hand..”
14. “If people say, ‘I can’t do this,’ I tell them they can do it, but their answer better be ‘because my life depends on it.”
15. “Language is a metaphor for thought.”
16. “You’ve got to get over the idea of feeling ashamed and start getting into that exciting quiet space”.
Finally, Many learners have been asking me for similar quotes, so here they are! These quotes about language learning can help when you’re in a language learning slump or simply looking to motivate yourself further. I hope these inspirational 17 awesome words about language learners can give you some reading material and keep your motivation going strong throughout the year!
YOU MAY LIKE quotations about English, listening is a skill.
Why learning a language is important?
Learning a language is important because it will help you communicate with people from different countries and cultures.
It can also help you find a job in the future.
Finally, it will also help you connect with new friends or learn about different parts of the world that may interest you.
What are some of the most common mistakes people make when learning a new language?
Some of the most common mistakes people make when learning a new language are:
- They try to learn too much at once and overwhelm themselves.
- They don’t use enough repetition and practice to build up their memory for the new language.
- They stop learning after they have reached a certain level of proficiency, even though they may not be satisfied with that level of proficiency yet. See also language proficiency levels.
What is a proverb?
Language learning is a process for any learner. Mastering languages is not easy and you will face frustrating moments in the beginning but with time language learning becomes easier and more fulfilling. There are many quotes that motivate us to learn new languages both proverbs wisely said by masters of their craft as well as motivational sayings from great people who have made a difference in this world through their works.
What is the meaning of “The man with one red shoe”?
The man with one red shoe is a story that serves as a warning for people who try to learn a foreign language too quickly without proper instruction. This results in the person having only a partial understanding of what has been learned, and not being able to carry on conversations with others. When making mistakes, one should know how to work around them, rather than ignore the mistakes.